Saturday 14 September 2013

Burnin Fever - visuals timeline

Burnin Fever - Visuals timeline


 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28g-anv1b8

(unfortunately my blog is suffering from embedding issues so here's a video link to the timeline)

Above is a video I have produced using imovie to plan out the a timeline of events or visuals that will take place in my music video. The timeline is a summary of events, in the final product there should be a variety of shots that take place within the visuals. During the timeline of events it refers to an event named "footage of feminine lips eating an orange". The reason I have opted for feminine lips specifically to eat the orange at a fast rate was to convey a robotic look as mention previously in my intial ideas post but to also make reference to the convention of women on sexual display in music videos. For this sequence I wish to have eaten in a messy way to put the convention on its head and convey an unpleasant look rather than an attractive one. Furthermore, throughout the timeline I reference an object known as the doll. As previously mentioned in my "Initial ideas for Burnin Fever" post I plan on using a child's doll in certain shots to amplify certain lyrics such as "How much orange is there in a dead body" in an abstract and whimsical way to keep with the comic tone and to convey how chaotic the robot is.

Finally, for the lyric "What do you get when you cross a ballerina and a bastard? Ballesteros was his answer" at the last part of the timeline I mention "a picture of Ballesteros as a ballerina". From researching who or what the sample is referencing, I found out it's referencing Golfer Seve Ballesteros; perhaps at the end of the video one could suggest a picture which features Ballesteros transform into a ballerina which then transforms into the robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment