Monday 16 September 2013

Casting Call

Casting Call



To produce my music video I'm going to need to put together a fairly medium sized cast consisting of two main characters, the robot and the scientist and a few extras as the infected people to emphasise the robots take over.

To achieve this I first posted an ad for my production on social networking site Facebook in order to reach a mass audience and to target a possible demographic of 16- 24 year olds. According to  research on my audience profile post daft punks main demographic ( an artist who produces music similar to my chosen on) consists of 15-24 year old. I felt by targeting and starring this demographic in my video I may also be able to appeal to this demographic as well.


In the ad I have noted that I would like two males to play the leads and one of the males to be fairly tall. My reasoning behind this was that I would like the Robot to be played by someone who is tall and thin to convey a more alien look the character. Furthermore attached to the post is a concept image I have produced to convey the sort of tone/imagery I would like to feature in my music video. The concept image featured was produced using Photoshop as way of representing how visually the glitch effect of the robots take over of the digital world would look like as well as the tongue in cheek humor I would like to convey in the video as well as technological references to link with the information the music artist has sent to be about the track and with the visual styles of my chosen genre.

So far as a result of my post I've had 3 replies about the music video from people all claiming that they might be able to do it so there is still no confirmed cast as of yet.

However, to further reach an audience, I developed a print poster/ ad which I printed out in A3 and posted in my College's bulletin board.


I also printed out 10 copies of the ad and placed them in the tutor folders and requested that each tutor reads out the ad during tutor time to make sure that other students can hear about it they miss the ad on the board. Furthermore I have also handed a digital copy to a fellow student to post up in another college.



On all versions of the ad I have included contact details to contact me as well as my Skype account to allow those interested or involved to get in direct contact with me whilst I sort out more details. It should also allow for those involved to directly join in discussions with me if they are unsure of anything. Additionally I have also added that it would be recommended that those involved should try to bring fancy dress or mask however props will be provided. I have included this as a way of working around the scale of such a project in terms of cost issues that could arise If I am purchasing a large sum of props and costume that could be needed to film scenes with the infected characters.


Finally in terms of the design of the ad I have based it graphically on computer ads of the 70's and 80's to convey a retro look and to also convey the cheesy tone that I would like to be featured in my video.



1 comment:

  1. It might be worth adding some found images to this post to indicate the size/stature/look you'd like for your main characters.

    ReplyDelete